Key factors in the design of our training and support were:
• The need to create rapid “buy in“ at all levels of seniority and experience
• To effect simple and swift behavioural shifts and create “quick wins” for teams
• To embed consistent principles which could be taught “next level down” internally
• To support “real life” client engagements after training
• To embed skills and behaviours using digital and our Nudge™ technology.
The result was a very simple programme of one day masterclass programmes, delivered top down (senior management first) with a consistent, simple methodology and intensive use of practical case studies, role play and video coaching.
Black Isle’s approach meant that master classes in networking, presentation skills, pitching and negotiation skills all followed a “golden thread” derived from best practice. Delivering high intensity modular programmes for small groups meant lots of practice, plenty of team working opportunities and a cross fertilisation of ideas within Lloyds Banking Group.
The introduction of our online application and a programme of nudging all participants digitally was instrumental in maintaining a focus on applying skills learned, and embedding behavioural shifts so that long term change was achieved.